this blog is about the scams here in Egypt.scams start with the smooth talking Egyptians that seem to be everywhere, in the courts in the police, even the ones who will call you a friend, such as lawyers DO NOT TRUST ANY LAWYER HERE, Muslim Or Christian, this blog is all about the scams from a toy camel to your trusted tour guide, trust no one here ,no one, 25.1.2011 already my suspicions on corruption are true, from Mubarak to the cop with his hand out on the street.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Another moaner

They are all of one mind
Linda who is married to an Egyptian built a nice block of flats near karnak temple. and had a ground floor flat I could rent, for 2500egp per month I paid 3 months in advance, the day I moved in so did the builders.when my wife came the builders were in full swing on the top flat and all the building debris was thrown over the side on to our path by the back door, and all the dust was drawn into the flat. too much for Pam.I complained a few times to the landlord in the end after 2 weeks of dust and builders materials strewn in the passage way,the American guy in the flat next to us had already had enough and moved out.
I said we where moving out she could keep the money and the air condition unit I bought (one unit was not enough in the flat,). That I had intended to use if I moved back to the hotel, but had to give my deposit back, she said it would take a week to put the money through and I was to call for it again.. I went back to the place twice to get my hoover pipe that had been left in the car during the move. And an Ironing board had been left in the flat, she sent an sms to say that her husband would bring the things to me two weeks later the pipe was dropped off in the shop on the corner of Sheraton hotel , and I had another sms saying so. I sent an sms back and was replied to by saying I had to pick up the money from her place of work. So I called in asked the reception for Julie who come hurtling through the foyer and into the bank that was situated outside the hotel where she works, I sat there waiting maybe half on hourWhen she appeared again came over and said here is your money and left when I got home I had an sms again from her saying how dare I be so rude going to her place of work demanding money when she was in a conference, I did not reply to this But all she had to tell reception was ,, can you ask him to come back later,, after all I had waited one month and another couple of hours would have been ok, not even a thank you for the rent that I could have claimed back and the unit I left her, just a moaner she was not even in a conference that is not her job she is a staff trainer works from 9 to 1 on 250 le per month moaning all the time while her husband lives at home, I went there at 1pm on her instructions on leaving the flat.Our new flat was by the Sheraton Hotel the other side of town by the Nile with a great Nile view a bit pricey but it would do for the time being Pam liked it and as it was her money she had the decision. And one week later went back to the uk she did not want to leave but her Mum was going in for an eye operation so she had to be there.Across the way to the place that we were renting was the Grand restaurant, and I would go there in the evenings and have a few beers and sisha. And soon became friends with the owners I kept quiet about my situation as you never know who is related around here and I just wanted a quiet life and let things take there course, I was asked where I was staying and it happened to be the cousin of the owner, that did not surprise me as every body here seems to be related but do not have much to do with each other but are well into running each other down, thee restaurant or the grand restaurant is owned by the youngest son quit unusual for this part of the world as its usually the eldest. But Hammam apparently spent 8 years in London and owned or ran a jewellers came back home and must have bought his lot off his father, the middle son Iub is a chef and runs the catering side of the business and Immam the eldest just seems to be around , the father whose name is Kaled ebn Waled has the main street here named after him, most of the big hotels are on this street that runs up to the Cornish ( Promenade along the Nile) and his forefathers ran the brick factory here as did Kaled until the Nile was dammed by the new one in 72, and the mud brick factories where told to halt using the mud by the Nile, he also owns a large chunk of the land around here the government built an open air theatre on his land by the Nile, they all live in a block of flats next to the restaurants, I say restaurants there is a Korean restaurant that is leased by Kim who is Korean. Inside the grand there is the Cleopatra bar and the Thebes international restaurant on two floors that seat around 800 people the tourist buses from Hurgada and Cairo use this place as a stop for food, during the day then the place is quiet the rest of the time with a dribble of people using the bar and the coffee shop, there is a whole range of restaurants around this area,I was told by hammam the Indian restaurant is another that is rented out by him and the Indian family who are renting this where moving into the top flat of his block, and if I would like to rent the one under that I could at 1500 per month that is 1000 less than You are paying now in my uncles?? Why not go and see it? so I went and it had fantastic views of the Nile so I said when my month is up I will take one, two weeks later I was told that the Indians were not moving in as they had found a place that was already to move into and if I wanted I could rent it . When it was finished and said this would be the next week as it only needed painting and all the furniture was on the roof. Ready to be moved down. The time was drawing near to my moving and the flat was no where near finished . His line was the painters can not finish as the joiners have not been to put the doors on and they needed trimming as the floors had been raised with the new tiles so all the doors needed 2 inches cutting off , I told him I will do that . And went to get my tools and put them back on that evening. Then the plumber came and was putting the old fittings back I said I would get a new pan and sink. And the plumber can put them in. that was done and then I was asked for 100 to give the plumber for fitting the new units,I did not say anything about that, as I was happy it was done in time for me to move . He said the kitchen units are coming and the three piece settee is being refurbished and would be here any day now. Two days to go then one of the workers from my hotel happened to call in for a tea and sisha. We got talking and He told all the story of why mr Tony was staying in this area, SHIT.He told them the whole story and how I was getting my money back from Sheik Tyib,Just explain what happens in the case of winning a case in Egyptian court . Sheik Tyib is guarantor for the money he pays what is agreed into the winners bank or it has to be picked up at the court on a Friday night, and the loser has to bring the said amount and hand it to Sheik Tyib. If the loser does not pay he will be put in Jail or they will use sharia law that could mean beheading or in this case classed as theft , his hand cut off, so now I have these people thinking I have money coming in from a very secure point,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers