this blog is about the scams here in Egypt.scams start with the smooth talking Egyptians that seem to be everywhere, in the courts in the police, even the ones who will call you a friend, such as lawyers DO NOT TRUST ANY LAWYER HERE, Muslim Or Christian, this blog is all about the scams from a toy camel to your trusted tour guide, trust no one here ,no one, 25.1.2011 already my suspicions on corruption are true, from Mubarak to the cop with his hand out on the street.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

e mails to and from Zahi Hawass

go to www.westbankhotel.blogspot.com for the updated story

Dear Dr Hawass

As I told you before I would let you and the police know when the dealer Jurgen Engels

comes again this night he is in my myegypt hotel that the police are supposed to of closed. I hear that the payment for the pieces he wants is one hundred and twenty thousand euro. I have informed the police here in Luxor as I promised I would if the german returns I also heard this deal has been going on for months, I suppose he was getting short of money he has been here 3 times over the last 5 months and bought nothing and as buying antique pieces here is his only means of income he has to make a move or his pieces will be sold elsewhere. and also remember he uses parcel post to get things home. I sincerly hope you catch them both.

I have found his address and phone numbers as follows

Hotelkaufmann und Reiseleiter fur Agypten

Goethestrabe 25

95326 Kulmbach

Phone +49 (0)9221 75340

Mobil: +49(0)160 8019163
The attachment is one of three papers for the new rent contract that has turned up in court No one can read it here because of the misspellings so I have to take it to the high court in
Cairo on the 13th to get translated word for word, into Arabic,

if I can not read it how can they translate it and the lawyer says this is a paper I signed as a rent contract if it was not so serious it would be a joke,

I was supposed to of signed this for my hotel, my signatures on the 3rd piece of paper are a very good forgery but I have to wait for this to go back to Court on the 29/11/08

before I can send it to the department to say its a forgery or not??

I suppose this mess one day will be sorted out.

Tony


From: Dr. Zahi Hawass <pyramiza2007@gmail.com>
To: tonyluxor@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:34:15 AM
Subject:

Dear Tony,

If there is anything specific that I can do to help, I would still be willing to consider it, but I am afraid that I do not know what to tell you if the police cannot do anything. I am sorry that this situation is so difficult for you.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass



--
Dr. Zahi Hawass
Secretary General
Supreme Council of Antiquities
phone: 002 02 2736-5645
fax: 002 02 2735-7239





1 Image |
View Image | Download Selected

3.jpg
(177KB)

If you go to my web site www.egypt-tours.co.uk on the Mohamed Awad page you can pick up the photos.

right click on the photo to transfer to your computer.

Dear Sir

In January of 2005 I built & opened the hotel known as Myegypt on the west bank of Luxor,

There is an ongoing dispute of who owns this land, but the owner of the land previous to me building is a man known as Mohamed Achmed Awad,

Soon after I opened the hotel a man called Jurgen Engels arrived at the hotel Mohamed said he was A regular visitor to Luxor and I was to give him the full board for one week at 15 euro per night.

Jurgen came for a week every month, then Mohamed would borrow my camera to take photos of antiquities, and as I had a computer he would send these photos by email to Germany for Jurgen to see.

When Jurgen came to the hotel these pieces would be brought to the hotel for his inspection to purchase, in the beginning I thought they where imitation pieces, as most are here in the west bank

Until the time Jurgen came over and started blaming me for selling him rubbish, saying I was part owner of the hotel and this business Mohamed was in, I then warned Mohamed to take this business out of my hotel. As if one of these people got caught at the airport it would be bad for Myegypt hotel.

He told me not to worry about that as he has the police in his pocket ( corruption)

On Jurgen’s next visit he brought 2 men with him from Germany, he had decided to come and live here in Luxor and have these men as carriers, but that turned bad for Mohamed & Jurgen these two men came here twice, on the first visit they said the ushbatis and the pieces they saw where fakes then they came back on there own, and saw the sellers and made deals for the pieces they originally said where fakes in front of Jurgen & Mohamed, a price was fixed and one of the men hired the villa Owned by the French Lady Marie Prin. For his family to stay Mohamed found out about him being cut out of the deals and as the German and his family left for the airport Mohamed phoned his fat police captain friend and the Germans where apprehended in the Luxor airport, the same week as this happened Two men from Saudi Arabia turned up I had seen them before in the hotel they wanted gold necklaces and jewellery for their wives and would only buy Pharaonic pieces?? But this time they where here to see two 18th dynasty 1mtre high statues, that where found while excavating for a new home in Gurna near the Seti 1st Ramsis temple, asking price of 1 ½ million dollars?? Mohamed was also cut out of this deal and was furious because he could not report these two to his police man friend, as it involved his best friend from one of the Alabaster factories, in august of 2006 I told Mohamed that if the dealing did not stop I would close the hotel , then A gold coin turned up and red and white necklace pieces

I knew these where real I warned Mohamed to stop He told me to stop worrying the next day I closed the hotel. I went to Luxor town for the day when I got back I went to the roof where the kitchen is to make some tea and found all the place smashed up, next thing I was standing on a chair trying to fix one of the fans that was hit with whatever Mohamed used to break the place up. When 5 police arrived and Mohamed shouting look see what he do. Mohamed’s lawyer was also with them and he told me to stay in my rooms, but me being English I went out for a tea and sisha when I got back to the hotel I was barred from going in and all my things where thrown out on the garden , I slept for 3 days in a friend of Mohamed’s villa in Ramla, then the lawyer Mustafa Adeas begged me to return

On returning to my home I found all my papers and cd’s missing, even my laptop had been deleted.

Then Mohamed said “And I Quote” I am sorry mr Tony but I have a black side and now you have a black mark with the police , if you close the hotel again I will fuck you just like I fuck the Germans. And I will get you out of Egypt that’s why I keep quite until 3/3/07 When I find I have bad papers for my home

On going to the tourist police in may 07 as soon as Mohamed Awad name was mentioned , I was quizzed as to what I was doing with this bad man They asked if I knew about the Germans and if they stayed in my hotel, where does he get his opium from and the other drugs he uses,

Then I was quizzed about Jurgen Engels

I told them I would give them all the info I had a few days later I gave them a cd on what photos I recovered from the E-mail that was sent vie Mohamed awads mail box, I Had the passwords for this , they where interested in the coffin piece I told them this piece was in Awads possession as I had seen it a few weeks previous and Jurgen had not been back for it, but said they could not find it and said they knew that the operations where moved to Hurgada ,

The police also begged me not to drop my case against Mohamed and his Lawyer as they had been trying to catch him for years, they had Mohamed in custody for 4 days , all they had to do was get his mobile numbers and match them up with Jurgen’s and they could of caught the dealers. Because a week after , I reported that Jurgen was here again, has nobody her heard of the parcel post??


Tony for myegypt tours.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dr. Zahi Hawass
To: tonyluxor@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 12:32:04 PM
Subject:

Dear Mr. Roberts,

I write in response to a fax that you sent in May of this year. Thank you for bringing to my attention the report that you made to the Luxor tourist police a year ago. I would still be very interested to see the photos that you mention, and to have a full account of the background of the situation. You can reach me at this email address, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass


--
Dr. Zahi Hawass
Secretary General
Supreme Council of Antiquities
phone: 002 02 2736-5645
fax: 002 02 2735-7239

Re: from luxor

...

From:

tony roberts

...

Add to Contacts

To:

Dr. Zahi Hawass



Dear Dr Hawass

It was quite a shock hearing from you this morning , I thought after so long you had no interest, 3 weeks ago I had to go to my embassy in Cairo over this matter of been beaten up and my having a 15 day prison sentence for protecting my wife?

at the same time I spent 2 hours looking for your office in Zamalec,, where I met Aly Elassfor, and Amhed Ebeid, and by the sounds of it they have not mentioned to you why I came to see them in Person. Achmed Abeid gave me his card but none of the contacts worked ie phone & e-mail address. so I phoned Mr Aly, on hearing he was here in Luxor I went to see him. and he told me to send the letter by fax that I did 3 days ago.

I have been out of my home now for 15 months, so all that happened was before then,

but this man Jurgen Engels still comes here every month for a week and I do not think he comes for his health or the sun, maybe the cheap beer, & why the police have not done anything about this man & Mohamed Awad is beyond me. as I said before peoples eyes close where money is concerned,

best regards A Roberts

I hope the info I gave you was useful.



Tony for myegypt tours.

--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dr. Zahi Hawass wrote:

From: Dr. Zahi Hawass
Subject:
To: tonyluxor@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 10:32 AM

Dear Mr. Roberts,

I write in response to a fax that you sent in May of this year. Thank you for bringing to my attention the report that you made to the Luxor tourist police a year ago. I would still be very interested to see the photos that you mention, and to have a full account of the background of the situation. You can reach me at this email address, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass
--
Dr. Zahi Hawass
Secretary General
Supreme Council of Antiquities
phone: 002 02 2736-5645
fax: 002 02 2735-7239

Re: Cones

...

From:

tony roberts

...

Add to Contacts

To:

Dr. Zahi Hawass



Thanks so much on that info,some very interesting comments on the touregypt web site

Its a pity really they do not have much value as Jurgen Engels has a collection of over 200' and only sells the fakes on e-bay, as he told me once' there where or are 350 of these made for each tomb and will not be missed?

http://www.collector-antiquities.com/318/ cut and paste in your browser,


Tony for myegypt tours.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dr. Zahi Hawass <pyramiza2007@gmail.com>
To: tonyluxor@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:04:07 PM
Subject: Cones

Dear Tony,

I am happy to hear from you. Regarding your question, I believe you are referring to funerary cones and you can find them mentioned in numerous Egyptology books. If you ever have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Zahi Hawass



--
Dr. Zahi Hawass
Secretary General
Supreme Council of Antiquities
phone: 002 02 2736-5645
fax: 002 02 2735-7239

Re:

...

From:

tony roberts

...

Add to Contacts

To:

Dr. Zahi Hawass



I will go to see Aly Alasfoor and explain my exact problem I know Dr samir Fawak connot help as he said this problem is already in the court.

I hear one of Mohamed Awads co conspiritors was arrested 3 days ago in cairo,with antiques?

they may be better off arresting his uncle Methat the money man. as the police asked me a few days ago where did he get his money from to build 4 fine apartment homes and his bus company Rhama???

Away from this bad business lets go top my passion. how do I get a ticket to see Nefertiti tomb, I am 65 in a few weeks and would love to see this tomb as a present for myself.

I hope you are well in health , loved the documentry on the plane on tomb 33.


Tony for myegypt .


From: Dr. Zahi Hawass <pyramiza2007@gmail.com>
To: tonyluxor@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:34:15 AM
Subject:

Dear Tony,

If there is anything specific that I can do to help, I would still be willing to consider it, but I am afraid that I do not know what to tell you if the police cannot do anything. I am sorry that this situation is so difficult for you.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass



--
Dr. Zahi Hawass
Secretary General
Supreme Council of Antiquities
phone: 002 02 2736-5645
fax: 002 02 2735-7239

Dr Zahi Hawass

...

From:

tony roberts

...

Add to Contacts

To:

allanjones13@yahoo.co.uk



Dear Mr. Roberts,

Even though I am very busy, when I hear of a situation like the one you describe, it does bother me. I sent a letter a few days ago to the head of the Tourism and Antiquities Police in Cairo, and one to the General in charge of the security forces in Luxor. I referred them to your website, and asked them to find and stop any corruption in this matter. I had your email explaining the background translated into Arabic so that they will be able to understand the situation more easily. I know that these two are honest men, and I hope that justice will soon be served.
I to hear that Mohamed Awad is spreading rumours about. saying its my personal tomb,

all this money goes into the work that is needed on the tomb.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass
I wont send his e address as he has asked I keep it personel.
Tony

21,09Dr Zahi Hawass

...

From:

tony roberts

...

Add to Contacts

To:

allanjones13@yahoo.co.uk



Dear Mr. Roberts,

Even though I am very busy, when I hear of a situation like the one you describe, it does bother me. I sent a letter a few days ago to the head of the Tourism and Antiquities Police in Cairo, and one to the General in charge of the security forces in Luxor. I referred them to your website, and asked them to find and stop any corruption in this matter. I had your email explaining the background translated into Arabic so that they will be able to understand the situation more easily. I know that these two are honest men, and I hope that justice will soon be served.
I to hear that Mohamed Awad is spreading rumours about. saying its my personal tomb,

all this money goes into the work that is needed on the tomb.

Best regards,

Zahi Hawass

ps MY BLOG

http://egyptscams.blogspot.com/2009/01/apearance-of-english-papers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers